The Glenmore Trust aims to provide residential and domiciliary support which enables people to live as independently as possible in the community. The Trust was formed in 1988 as a partnership between Social Services, East Cumbria Health Authority, Impact Housing Association and the Mencap Societies from Carlisle and Penrith. The Trust is a registered Industrial and Provident Society, established exclusively for charitable purposes, and has a Management Committee that has overall responsibility for the management of the Trust.What We Do
The Trust aims to offer people an ordinary life in an ordinary home. People who use our services are encouraged to make their own choices, deciding for themselves the kind of people they want to be and the direction they want their lives to take.
Our philosophy is that every person has the right to:
• Self-determination, to understand and be heard in the planning of their life.
• Have the support to do ordinary things, make use of mainstream services and be fully included in the local community.
• Assessment and Planning, to identify their own needs, likes and dislikes and plan accordingly.
• Have equal access to services, physical access, and access via support.
• Information, so that they know what to expect and how to express concern about the way they are being treated.
• I make everyday choices.
• People treat me with respect.
• I take part in everyday activities.
• I am part of the local community.
• I get the chance to work.
• I take part in important decisions about my life.
• People listen to my family’s views.
• I am safe from harassment and abuse.
• I get help to stay healthy.
Business email: email@example.com